Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kimber Super Carry Pro Update



I received the call from Kimber today that my Super Carry Pro is on the way back to me. The good news so far is that they did find an issue with the fit of the barrel to the feed ramp. I had noticed that the barrel had what appeared to be a slightly asymmetrical cut in it before I sent it in, so I will be interested to see if it looks different now. They also said they worked on the feed ramp and polished it afterwards, along with adjusting the extractor tension. They didn't mention anything about the wear on the lugs so we'll see if they changed anything there and maybe forgot to mention it in the short phone call.

I am hopeful that the changes will get it up and running reliably. I am glad I sent it in rather than continuing to try things on my own, as it obviously had some problems as it came from the factory.

Pre-refurb work pictures:








Post-rehab pictures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment